- My next novel will be published this month! The title is DADDY’S GIRL, and the genre is women’s fiction/psychological suspense (with an emphasis on the latter). Choosing the cover was difficult, but I love it. Stay tuned to my blog for a preview of the cover and for the exact publication date!
- I’m getting great feedback from both writers groups I’m in, on my work-in-progress, which is another novel. Thanks, Linda Sands, for connecting me to the newer one!
- I’ve been selected to be a nonfiction presenting author at the Milton Literary Festival this fall. Read my updated bio here.
- In case you’re wondering, we skipped a few Pizza and a Movie Fridays recently. There aren’t many films out right now that we want to see. 😒
- Later this month, I’ll join phenomenal photographer Lynn Crow and Beautycounter consultant extraordinaire Valerie Langman, at a Social in Johns Creek, GA, to benefit CURE Childhood Cancer. I’ll be signing copies of ALL THE ABOVE, UNDERWATER, and possibly, DADDY’S GIRL! See my Events Tab for more information. 😀
For my 200th blog post (?!?!!!) –
- I’m sharing author Linda Sands’ “10 for 10 Author Challenge“ who is hosting me on her blog today! Linda is my friend and fellow Atlanta “Sister in Crime.” Click to read her take on me, and my answers to her 10 funky questions that you won’t find anywhere else! Here’s an example: “Your book is going to be a movie. Hooray. You get to cast the lead characters.” (What author hasn’t dreamed of that one?)
- And – in honor of another friend and “Sister in Crime,” author Anne Marie Stoddard‘s presentation at our last “SinC” meeting – I’ve just (finally) created my personal profile Facebook page! Please visit it and “friend” me (and when you do, I’ll invite you to “Like” my Facebook author (fan) page). And – connect with me on Twitter and Instagram!
- AND…you’re invited to a Virtual Village Book Festival Facebook Event tomorrow and Friday, Jan. 14 and 15, where I’ll be hosted by author Rona Simmons, an Atlanta Writers Club pal and historical fiction author! As a BONUS, a 5 minute audio excerpt of my book ALL THE ABOVE: My son’s battle with brain cancer recorded by audiobook narrator, actor and singer Janet Metzger will be available, too. Visit her website to hear the excerpt today! Janet and I would love to chat with you during this two-day online book festival!
Well – if not exactly “flakes,” they’re writers, artists, and social media mavens!
- Read my author interview by fellow Sister in Crime author Linda Sands on Wednesday, January 13 on her blog. I’ll be answering Linda’s funky questions about my book ALL THE ABOVE.
- Then on Thursday and Friday, January 14 and 15, fellow Atlanta Writers Club member and author Rona Simmons will host me on the Virtual Village Book Festival on Facebook. From 10 am on 1/14 to 5 pm on 1/15, you can ask me questions on this interactive event!
- Book 4 is ready! (See word count details below.) I’ll be revealing the TITLE soon. Estimated release date: late February or early March 2016.
Since this is my second “Nouvelle Année” Post, I thought I would look back to a year ago and add comments and updates. Here is what I wrote in January 2015. Comments are in blue.
- Almost finished UN-decorating the house for the holiday season (This year, I got it done on the last day of 2015. Because I spent Christmas in France, there was less to take down.)
- Writing back on schedule, after more than two weeks when I couldn’t remember what day of the week it was (Hmm..getting back on track TODAY!)
- Several signed copies of UNDERWATER are available for purchase at Dunwoody Bakery, open Wednesdays through Saturdays (Alas, the bakery closed last year. If you would like a signed copy of UNDERWATER or ALL THE ABOVE, contact me, or order via PayPal on my Home page).
- Looking forward to my “Member Minute” talk at the Atlanta Writers Club meeting on January 17, 2015 at 1:30 pm, at Georgia Perimeter College (This year, I’ll be doing two virtual events in January – see above.)
- On the horizon: My appearance at the Augusta Literary Festival on March 6-7. Looking forward to attending, meeting readers and signing books (No festivals coming up as of yet in 2016, but I’ll keep you posted.)
- Planning the release of my work of creative nonfiction, titled ALL THE ABOVE this spring (It came out on March 24, 2015!)
- Resolving to step up my exercise routine this year (Ditto.)
- Cheering for the Cowboys and the Seahawks during the NFL playoffs (Not sure about this yet – Still celebrating Falcons victory over the Panthers!)
- Happy that I’m traveling to Chapel Hill, NC in April and in May (I’ll be in the area this year in May again, and may be before.)
- Glad to share family news with close friends and family. (Last year began with that good news.)
Finally – a postscript for all you “Pizza and a Movie” post followers:
My Top 5 Movies of 2015:
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
- Bridge of Spies
- The Gift
- Inside Out
And – here are 5 Movies I missed seeing, and want to see:
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- The Martian
- Steve Jobs
- The Big Short *
*Actually, I saw this just after Christmas in France, but it was dubbed in French. I understood it 😀 – but still want to see the English language version soon.